Are you considering laser teeth whitening but worried about the safety of your gums?
The good news is that with proper precautions and techniques, your gums can be protected during the whitening process. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about gum protection during laser teeth whitening.
How Laser Teeth Whitening Works
Before diving into the specifics of gum protection, it’s important to understand how laser teeth whitening works. This procedure involves applying a whitening gel to your teeth, which is then activated by a special light. The light penetrates the tooth enamel and breaks down the stains, resulting in a brighter and whiter smile.
The Importance of Gum Protection
While laser teeth whitening is generally safe, it’s important to protect your gums during the procedure. The whitening gel can irritate and even damage your gums if it comes into contact with them. This can lead to gum sensitivity, discomfort, and even bleeding.
How Gums are Protected during Laser Teeth Whitening
Dentists and technicians take several steps to protect your gums during laser teeth whitening. These may include:
- Applying a protective gel or barrier: A protective gel or barrier is applied to your gums to prevent the whitening gel from coming into contact with them.
- Using a customized tray: A customized tray is used to keep the whitening gel in place and away from your gums.
- Regular monitoring: The dentist or technician will regularly monitor your gums during the whitening process to ensure they are not being irritated or damaged.
Advantages of Laser Teeth Whitening
Now that you know your gums can be protected during laser teeth whitening, let’s discuss the advantages of this procedure:
- Fast and effective: Laser teeth whitening can provide fast and noticeable results in just one session.
- Safe and non-invasive: Compared to other teeth whitening procedures, laser teeth whitening is safe and non-invasive.
- Long-lasting results: With proper oral hygiene and maintenance, the results of laser teeth whitening can last for up to two years.
Laser teeth whitening can be a safe and effective way to achieve a brighter and whiter smile. By taking the necessary precautions to protect your gums, you can enjoy the benefits of this procedure without any discomfort or side effects. If you’re interested in laser teeth whitening, be sure to consult with a dental professional who can answer any questions you may have and ensure you are a good candidate for the procedure. Check our prices!
Contact us today to find out more about what we can do for you!